Saturday, September 11, 2010

Legoland fun

We took a tourist route and decided to visit Legoland yesterday. The price was a bit high at around $70 per ticket but luckily we had a buy one get one free admission coupon. My son Jude is almost 6 months old so he was stroller bound for most of the trip. He actually just started to go into the stroller without the car seat two weeks ago. This was an exciting transition because he gets so sweaty in the car seat and the stroller seat gives him a much better view. He is at such a weird age because he is technically not supposed to wear sunscreen yet so we have to cart him around like Micheal Jackson's kid, shielding him from the sun and the view of others. My husband and I spend most of our time dancing around the stroller pulling the shade down and trying to protect his sensitive little skin from the sun. I became so worried about it that I changed his clothes two times. The first outfit was long sleeved to protect his arms but he became too hot in it. The next outfit was a onesie but then I had to put some pants on him because his legs were being exposed. I was out of control and my husband was thoroughly annoyed with me. I know! I know!  This is me being a first-time mom and I will probably not even waste the energy with these types of things when baby number two makes an appearance in my life. But until then.........I will continue to stock up on the hand sanitizer and be a freak with the sun blocking. As for Legoland, I would recommend waiting until baby is walking. Jude looked around as much as he possibly could (despite being hovered over) but it would have been so much more fun if he could have gotten out of the stroller.  My husband, mother-in-law, and I were pretty impressed with the giant Lego statues and we look forward to returning when Jude gets a little older!


No comments:

Post a Comment