Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dinner & Dessert- GRILLED!

 I love living in San Diego for several reasons, but one of them is because you can do "summer" type things all year long! Grilling being one of the things. Let's not forget I am from North Dakota- so I often forget we can do it all year round here! However, last night I  dusted off the old grill & YUM YUM YUM is all I can really say about that.


Shrimp Kabobs:
Really anything goes here! I experimented with some cajun seasoning & old bay seasoning. A few kabobs of lemon garlic shrimp and a few of spicy cajun style. Just put all the spices into a large ziploc bag, drop the shrimp in, and shake! All veggies are good grilled (in my opinion) so grab some of your favorites to add in. This was the first time I tried grilling olives & wow they were a hit (my hubby & toddler son liked them the best) so I would definitely recommend them. Tip: to prevent sticking, lightly spray the completed kabobs with an olive oil spray before placing on the grill.



Mmmmm.......



 Grilled Banana Split
SO simple! Place the whole banana on the grill (in the peel) on medium heat for 3-4 min each side (or until golden brown). Slice the banana lengthwise and top with some greek yogurt and your other favorite healthy toppings. We made ours with fresh berries and mango, but next time I want to try some walnuts and maple syrup!


No comments:

Post a Comment