Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cold dinners of the future

I can honestly say I haven't had a hot meal in awhile and no I am not homeless. I guess this is one of the joys of being a parent that is not mentioned in any of the lovely books I read while pregnant! Let me tell you that cold food somehow takes on this whole new life. Take last night for example, the shrimp was rubbery, pasta was a bit hard, and the green beans had serious shrinkage!  I guess we could take turns to prevent cold dinner. like my husband puts Jude to bed while I eat and then we switch out. I think we are trying to preserve just one thing we can still do together! Unfortunately, the result is a cold meal we end up complaining about. Well at least we can still do that together! Last night I pondered when would we have a warm meal again? I guess when Jude eats solid foods at the table with us- maybe? It is impossible to create a routine with my husband's schedule! He gets home at almost 7:00 pm and by this time is is bath and bed for Jude. I really don't think making dinner at 8:00pm is an option or we will both have low blood sugar by the time is was finished cooking. Plus that would make our time together a real treat! This must be why so many families turn to fast food and quick unhealthy choices! Is it bad that I am looking forward to the upcoming Mom's Night Out dinner  just for the hot food? Well that is not the only reason of course but it will be a nice change! I will continue my quest to establish a routine where warm dinners will again be possible! Until then I will try to embrace the green bean shrinkage.

No comments:

Post a Comment